The time has come . . .
Ok - I've said it. It's out there in writing. As of May 21, 2012, I am flimsy-paper-card-carrying-member of Weight Watchers! And you know what? So far, I LOVE IT! That may be the nerdy, techie girl in me speaking, but the electronic tracking got me. Sucked me in and is keeping me there. Is that all it took? Had I only known sooner. Will it last?
I hope so! Come with me and see!
UPDATE: March 17, 2013: 43 weeks, and I made my goal! Weight loss at goal, 61.6 pounds - 29.2%!
UPDATE: April 28, 2013: I'm a LIFETIME member now!
Weight loss to date: 73.2 pounds

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Happy Anniversary . . .

Weight Watchers 1 year anniversary

. . . to me! My Sunday morning meeting seemed to start out as usual, but as soon as Kerry and Melissa arrived with big hugs and flowers I knew it was not just another Sunday meeting. They said they were proud of me!! Now I'm teary . . . but back to writing . . .

When I joined last year, I hoped Weight Watchers would be the thing I needed to stop the pounds from adding up. And as you know, if you've been following along, it was, and I successfully have lost almost 70 pounds! What I didn't know was all the other positive things it was going to add to my life . . . most importantly, my new friends from my 2 Weight Watcher meetings!
  • Melissa
  • Jackie
  • Kerry
  • Tonja
  • Rebecca
  • Penny
  • Summer
  • Nicole
  • Debi R.
  • Deborah G.
  • Kitti

Those by FAR are the best things that happened to me this year. Without the support of my new friends I would have fizzled out into another fail long ago. But that wasn't all.
This last year on Weight Watchers:
  • got me up and off the couch every Sunday morning
  • got me to complete 6 5K walks
  • brought my blood pressure back to normal
  • was the reason I got to buy new tech toys - an ActiveLink and 2 Striiv pedometers
  • contributed to me winning the "FitClub" at work
  • helped me develop wonderful new friendships with many of my co-workers
  • finally got me out of my giant granny panties
  • got me excited and wanting to share the WW lifestyle and ramble about my journey via my blog (My leader Jackie told me this morning she met a Weight Watcher leader who actually follows my blog!! Follows?? I have real followers?!?! I had no idea!! Hello!!! Welcome! Thank you for following me!!)
  • was the reason for my first tattoo
  • made me fall back in love with brussels sprouts
  • turned me into an "inspriration" for both people I know and many that I didn't!
  • made my son proud
I wonder what will happen this year?

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary, Dee!! Wow, the flower I gave you look so spiffy in that vase with a bow and everything. :) I'm so thankful we met through Weight Watchers and have become such good friends. We have such a wonderful little "family" at our Sunday meeting. Even when I know I've had a bad week food-wise, I still look forward to the meeting just to see all of you guys. Love you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete