The time has come . . .
Ok - I've said it. It's out there in writing. As of May 21, 2012, I am flimsy-paper-card-carrying-member of Weight Watchers! And you know what? So far, I LOVE IT! That may be the nerdy, techie girl in me speaking, but the electronic tracking got me. Sucked me in and is keeping me there. Is that all it took? Had I only known sooner. Will it last?
I hope so! Come with me and see!
UPDATE: March 17, 2013: 43 weeks, and I made my goal! Weight loss at goal, 61.6 pounds - 29.2%!
UPDATE: April 28, 2013: I'm a LIFETIME member now!
Weight loss to date: 73.2 pounds

Monday, January 21, 2013

Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Bake

from www.DashingDish.com
This was Yummy!! Don't let the odd (gross?) look during the prep fool you - it really comes out great!

Makes 6 servings, 4 pp+ each

Ingredients
  • 2½ cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded
  • ½ cup canned dice tomatoes
  • ¾ cup enchilada sauce
  • ½ cup salsa
  • 1 tsp enchilada seasoning (you could also use taco seasoning)
  • ½ cup low fat cottage cheese, blended smooth OR 4 oz (1/3 less fat) cream cheese, softened (I used the cottage cheese)
  • 1 cup corn
  • 1 cup black beans
  • 4 high fiber tortilla, cut into quarters
  • ½ cup shredded, reduced fat cheddar or mozzarella cheese
  • 1 ½ cup chicken broth (I didn't need nearly this much!)
  • Optional: sliced olives and green onions for topping
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375.
  2. Spray a 9×9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. (*My pan was 8 x 10 or so – no big deal)
  3. In a medium bowl, mix chicken with the first 6 ingredients.
  4. In a separate small bowl, mix corn and black beans together.
  5. Pour the chicken broth in a shallow bowl. Dip the tortillas in the chicken broth, just long enough to get them moist, (almost as you would dip bread in an egg mixture for French toast).
  6. Layer 4 tortilla’s on the bottom of the prepared baking dish, followed by the chicken mixture, and ending with the corn and bean layer. Repeat the layers, ending with the tortilla layer. (*I guess I didn't read this, and only got 2 layers that ended with the corn/bean layer. It made no difference!)
  7. Top with the shredded cheese (and olives and green onions if desired).
  8. Bake for 25-30 min or until cheese is melted.


Nutrition Breakdown
6 servings
232 calories per serving
Carbohydrate 20g
Fiber 5g
Fat 4g
Protein 31g


No comments:

Post a Comment