The time has come . . .
Ok - I've said it. It's out there in writing. As of May 21, 2012, I am flimsy-paper-card-carrying-member of Weight Watchers! And you know what? So far, I LOVE IT! That may be the nerdy, techie girl in me speaking, but the electronic tracking got me. Sucked me in and is keeping me there. Is that all it took? Had I only known sooner. Will it last?
I hope so! Come with me and see!
UPDATE: March 17, 2013: 43 weeks, and I made my goal! Weight loss at goal, 61.6 pounds - 29.2%!
UPDATE: April 28, 2013: I'm a LIFETIME member now!
Weight loss to date: 73.2 pounds

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Knott's Berry Farm Coaster Run - DONE!

2013 Knott's Berry Farm Coaster Run
Beautiful California morning! 73 degrees and the sun was shining - perfect morning for a walk thru the park. It was actually still dark when I drove into park, which took a while. After finally parking, it was very easy to check in - no one in my line at all. Picked up my bib, Tee-shirt, timing chip, and goodie bag. After exchanging test messages, I managed to find my Weight Watcher buddy and loyal 5k walking partner, Rebecca. We strolled around the tents picking up Power Bars and other freebies, then got in line for the race. It was supposed to start at 7:30, but at 7:40 they were just starting the national anthem and opening cerimonies. Sheesh! Come on people, we have a Weight Watcher meeting to get to!
 
I think we finally started the course around 8:00. There was a wide assortment of walkers/runners, as usual, from little kids to people older than me. I don't know, but it must be a "thing" to wear tu-tus for the walk. I see girls wearing all kinds of them each time we do one of these events. Anyone know? And, we actually even ran into another couple from Weight Watchers, who attend a different meeting than ours, but they always do the 5ks we do. The world is getting smaller.
 
Once inside, it seem really odd to me that they had hosed down all the concrete. I'm talkin' the slick, shiny concrete like they do for movie shoots. Didn't seem like a very safe idea to have people running or even walking on slick, wet concrete. And sure enough, as we rounded a corner there was an older lady down, flat on her back, after slipping. I hope she was ok. Most of the walk, probably 2 miles, was inside the park, which I really enjoyed. I haven't been there since Colin was little, so it had been a long time, and lots of changes. Somehow, a Panda Express smack dab in the middle seemed out of place, but I guess that's progress for you. Rebecca and I had fun reminiscing about Knott's when we were kids . . . the Wagon Train amphitheater that was free (my parents used to load us kids up and go to hear the stories and sing-a-longs), the puppet show, panning for gold, the carousel on the "free" side, and talking to the men in jail. And sure enough, the "ladies" were still sitting on benches outside the hotel, and the men near the jail.
 
At the end of the race we got finisher's medals with Snoopy on them Cute! We also were supposed to get a slice of boysenberry pie, but being the good little WW girls we are, we opted out. As we were exiting, a teenage male volunteer must have thought that odd, because he very sternly told us "Go get your pie now! There is no re-entry!" Go get some pie yourself, you weirdo. Get mine too, if you want it.
Now came HELL . . . losing my car, finally finding it, then trying to get OUT of the parking lot. It took about 25 minutes! If I do this next year I'll park at Buena Park Mall. At least we didn't have to pay to park. Made it to the Weight Watcher meeting late, but I got there!
 
Oh - and guess what?? We each found new boyfriends!
 
I can't decide which one I like better . . .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment