The time has come . . .
Ok - I've said it. It's out there in writing. As of May 21, 2012, I am flimsy-paper-card-carrying-member of Weight Watchers! And you know what? So far, I LOVE IT! That may be the nerdy, techie girl in me speaking, but the electronic tracking got me. Sucked me in and is keeping me there. Is that all it took? Had I only known sooner. Will it last?
I hope so! Come with me and see!
UPDATE: March 17, 2013: 43 weeks, and I made my goal! Weight loss at goal, 61.6 pounds - 29.2%!
UPDATE: April 28, 2013: I'm a LIFETIME member now!
Weight loss to date: 73.2 pounds

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Twice as fun!


Not long after I joined Weight Watchers near my house, I found out there was a “Weight Watchers at Work” program at UC Irvine Medical Center, where I work. Now, if you read my very first post, you may remember I mentioned going this route once before. That was not the most enjoyable experience I’d ever had, so I wasn’t terribly enthusiastic over this new discovery. But, I do have a monthly pass, and they do say I can go to as many meetings as I want, so I dropped in to check them out a month ago.

After roaming the campus and getting stuck in a musty old elevator, I finally found the meeting (you would think after working here 14 years I would know where I was going). Now I have been attending that meeting too – so I get meetings twice a week! Twice the inspiration, and double the tips, tricks and food/recipe discoveries from other members. Now if I could get twice the weight loss every week I’d be really happy. =)

Then, last week six more co-workers joined! I was thrilled to see some friends from my building, and I even made a cool new friend from another building. This is just so exciting for me! It really keeps me motivated, and excited to share my “discoveries”. I can’t wait to get to know all these beautiful women better!

No comments:

Post a Comment