The time has come . . .
Ok - I've said it. It's out there in writing. As of May 21, 2012, I am flimsy-paper-card-carrying-member of Weight Watchers! And you know what? So far, I LOVE IT! That may be the nerdy, techie girl in me speaking, but the electronic tracking got me. Sucked me in and is keeping me there. Is that all it took? Had I only known sooner. Will it last?
I hope so! Come with me and see!
UPDATE: March 17, 2013: 43 weeks, and I made my goal! Weight loss at goal, 61.6 pounds - 29.2%!
UPDATE: April 28, 2013: I'm a LIFETIME member now!
Weight loss to date: 73.2 pounds

Saturday, January 25, 2014

I'm trying Simply Filling!


Well, maintenance has been OK, but it sure isn't as fun as my weight loss journey was. And not as successful! After making my goal, I continued to lose, ending up about 13 pounds under my "official" Weight Watchers goal. That was in April of 2013. Everything was fine for months, so fine that I got a little cavalier with my food choices starting in October, my birthday "month". Then came the holidays. And 6 pounds! Argghhhhh!

So, at our December 29, 2013 meeting, "Simple Start" was launched, and got everyone, both old and new members, talking about Power Foods. My friend Penny has been very successful, losing over 70 pounds doing the Simply Filling Technique. So I gave it a shot, and started doing the Simply Filling Technique (SFT), too. And I loved it! I ate Shredded Wheat, Cheerios, bread, potatoes, and rice, which are foods I rarely ate when counting points.

And it worked! The first week, I was down 3.4 pounds! Other than a 7.2 pound weight loss the first weigh-in after joining Weight Watchers, my biggest weekly loss had been 3.2. I was thrilled. I stuck to the SFT, eating perfectly according to plan. Then the week two weight-in. UP 1.0 POUND! WHAT????? My diet was virtually identical to the first week - except for 2 days of Cheerios instead of Shredded Wheat, and tuna for lunch 4 days instead of chicken. How can this be?? I don't want to play anymore.

But, I followed my fellow WW sister's advice, and stuck with it. The week three weigh-in came, and I was down 0.4. Hey, down is down . . . I'll take it. But I wanted more. So that means in 3 weeks my weight loss total is 2.8. I guess looking at it that way it doesn't seem as much of a failure. But I feel like I am just UP every time I weight myself at home. I know I should stop doing that, but I can't. I spent 10 months losing weight and weighed every time I passed my scale - it is just a habit now.

I have come to the conclusion that it has to be the carbs. The bread, potatoes, rice and cereal. Even though they are power food and I didn't overindulge, I had not been used to eating them. I read that you retain more water because it takes mores water to process carbs. Who really knows. Maybe that is wishful thinking.

I know I am still under my official goal, but I am over my personal goal. And I need to catch it now because I know how it works. Pretty soon you're 20 pounds heavier and wondering when that happened. Well, it can't happen - I gave away all my bigger sizes of clothes!
Tomorrow will be my 4 week weigh in. I have toggled back and forth this week between SFT and counting points this last week - switching probably Wednesday back to counting. I have not gone over my target points (even doing SFT - and yes, I checked them everyday just to see), and have never used many (maybe 10 max) of my weekly 49 during SFT, and none if I'm tracking. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment