The time has come . . .
Ok - I've said it. It's out there in writing. As of May 21, 2012, I am flimsy-paper-card-carrying-member of Weight Watchers! And you know what? So far, I LOVE IT! That may be the nerdy, techie girl in me speaking, but the electronic tracking got me. Sucked me in and is keeping me there. Is that all it took? Had I only known sooner. Will it last?
I hope so! Come with me and see!
UPDATE: March 17, 2013: 43 weeks, and I made my goal! Weight loss at goal, 61.6 pounds - 29.2%!
UPDATE: April 28, 2013: I'm a LIFETIME member now!
Weight loss to date: 73.2 pounds

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Carpaccio-Style Sirloin Salad with Arugula


My weight watcher leader Jacki had a fantastic idea at our meeting last week. She introduced "Tesche's Travelling Cookbook". She purchased the Weight Watchers "Under 20" cookbook (available only in the meeting rooms), and asked us each to take turns bringing it home, choose a recipe to make, add a photo to the cookbook, then bring it back in with our critique at the following meeting. Well, of course you know I had to be first! After recovering from the realization that there are NO baked goodies/desserts in this book, I flipped to the list of recipes that qualify for Simple Start. There are over 70 of them! There were 3 I was trying to decide on, but when shopping for the ingredients, Albertson's doesn't sell tuna steaks, and I forgot to buy sherry vinegar, so I was truly left with just one recipe to make without running all over town to gather the last 2 ingredients.

I'm glad I made this one! It was quick to make, delicious, and made 4 servings, so I had 4 nights of dinner done. I will make this again! The recipe actually says to put the arugula on top of the steak, but I sliced the steak an put it on top for its photo. I think I'll make this again tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment