The time has come . . .
Ok - I've said it. It's out there in writing. As of May 21, 2012, I am flimsy-paper-card-carrying-member of Weight Watchers! And you know what? So far, I LOVE IT! That may be the nerdy, techie girl in me speaking, but the electronic tracking got me. Sucked me in and is keeping me there. Is that all it took? Had I only known sooner. Will it last?
I hope so! Come with me and see!
UPDATE: March 17, 2013: 43 weeks, and I made my goal! Weight loss at goal, 61.6 pounds - 29.2%!
UPDATE: April 28, 2013: I'm a LIFETIME member now!
Weight loss to date: 73.2 pounds

Saturday, February 23, 2013

2013 Race on the Base

2013 Los Alamitos Race on the Base
Personalized, even!
Another one done! This is addicting. I just wish they weren't so expensive! This one had many races to pick from, ranging from a Rollerblade Race, 1K, 5K 10K and kid's race. But, we saw a lot of kids, and I mean kids, like 7 and 8 years old, running the 10K. Good grief. In my dreams! Check out the "cheerleaders" as we approached the finish line.
 
Our swag included a very nice long sleeved tee shirt, a metal dog tag, the usual water and coconut water at the finish line, and supposedly, a meal. We pre-ordered a meal at registration anyway. But come to find out, they weren't even going to start serving it until 9:00 (we finished the course at 8:20). The lines were already super long - and it had not even started to move. You could trade in your meal (I had ordered a BBQ Chicken Salad - catered by Johnny Rebs) for a shriveled up breakfast burrito fused onto paper, if you wanted. PASS. We decided to just go home.
So - next is the Knott's Berry Farm Coaster Run in mid-March.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment