The time has come . . .
Ok - I've said it. It's out there in writing. As of May 21, 2012, I am flimsy-paper-card-carrying-member of Weight Watchers! And you know what? So far, I LOVE IT! That may be the nerdy, techie girl in me speaking, but the electronic tracking got me. Sucked me in and is keeping me there. Is that all it took? Had I only known sooner. Will it last?
I hope so! Come with me and see!
UPDATE: March 17, 2013: 43 weeks, and I made my goal! Weight loss at goal, 61.6 pounds - 29.2%!
UPDATE: April 28, 2013: I'm a LIFETIME member now!
Weight loss to date: 73.2 pounds

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Dream Dinners

recipe by Dream Dinners, prepared by me
Last night my friend Nicole hosted a party at Dream Dinners in Fountain Valley (there are other locations - see if there's one near you). A lot of my Cypress WW friends were there, along with members from other meeting times and locations. We enjoyed wine and samples while we decided on the entrees we wanted to prepare that evening. We had four to choose from - Chateau Chicken with Almond Butter Sauce (6 points+), Terracotta Chicken with Pita and Hummus (6 points+), Crispy Salsa Ranch Chicken (6 points+), and Maple Valley Boneless Pork Chops with Rice Pilaf (7 points+, plus 4 points+ for the rice pilaf). I chose the Chateau Chicken.

Are you familiar with Dream Dinners? Each month a new list of entrees is offered. All the ingredients. seasonings, spices and sides are prepared by little sous chefs and set out at different stations, complete with the right size utensil and measuring cup to collect your ingredients. You follow the step-by-step instructions and add the ingredients to Ziploc bags, add your selected pre-portioned bag of meat, grab a printed set of preparation instructions, and pop it all into another large Ziploc bag and you're done! The entrees are available in either 3 or 6 serving sizes. Take them home and freeze until you're ready to prepare them, or leave them in the frig if you're cooking them within a few days. They have different plans to choose from and the prices are reasonable when you look at how much of the work/time has been done for you, and realize that you're not paying $20 for a jar of exotic spice that you'll never use again, or have 3/4 of a bottle of wine leftover that will just go to waste. (No, wait - forget the wine, that scenario would never happen. What am I thinking?!?) I was especially tickled by the fact that if I left a sloppy mess on the prep counter it was NOT my responsibility to clean it up. They do it with a smile! There are introductory offers and rewards programs too. The meals are nutritionally balanced and the recipes are restaurant quality. If you'd like to know the WW Point Plus values of each meal I know how to get it for you . . . thanks to Nicole.

Anyway, I made my Chateau Chicken tonight and I promise, it was even better than the sample I tried last night! I seriously licked all the sauce off my plate, which is OK (I think) since I live alone. I could easily have finished all 3 servings right then and there, but since I go weigh in tomorrow morning I thought the better of it.

All in all, it was a fun night out with friends. And guess what? My other friend Mel won the drawing and got a FREE 3 serving meal of Chateau Chicken. She actually got to say "Winner, winner, chicken dinner!" and it made sense!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment