The time has come . . .
Ok - I've said it. It's out there in writing. As of May 21, 2012, I am flimsy-paper-card-carrying-member of Weight Watchers! And you know what? So far, I LOVE IT! That may be the nerdy, techie girl in me speaking, but the electronic tracking got me. Sucked me in and is keeping me there. Is that all it took? Had I only known sooner. Will it last?
I hope so! Come with me and see!
UPDATE: March 17, 2013: 43 weeks, and I made my goal! Weight loss at goal, 61.6 pounds - 29.2%!
UPDATE: April 28, 2013: I'm a LIFETIME member now!
Weight loss to date: 73.2 pounds

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Bacon Ranch Chicken, 6p+

Bacon Ranch Slow Cooker Chicken

So, I tried a new recipe I found on Pinterest. I originally intended to only post recipes that I absolutely loved . . . which although isn't the case here, I think this one has real potential. I WILL make this again, but I'll do the optional substitution of the chicken soup for the greek yogurt. The greek yogurt made it just a tad too sour for my taste. I think it would be delicious with the cream of chicken soup instead. Another reason I chose to try this recipe was for the large portion size - over 1 cup!
I also added a package of House Foods Tofu Shiratake Noodles to the crock pot as I was heating the whole concoction (step 5). I used the fettucine style because it is what I had on hand.
 
Ingredients

 • 16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4, 4oz breasts)
 • 6 slices extra lean turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
 • 2 1/2 cups plain, non-fat Greek yogurt, AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
 • 1 cup fat free chicken broth
 • 1 packet powdered Ranch dressing mix
 • 1 tbsp fresh chives or parsley, chopped
 • *optional* Campbell’s 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
 
Instructions

 1. READ NOTES BEFORE STARTING RECIPE. Then, spray a crock pot with non-fat cooking spray and place chicken breasts inside (you can use frozen or defrosted).
 2. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients EXCEPT yogurt.
 3 .Pour sauce over the chicken breasts.
 4. Cook on high for 3.5 hours.
 5. Add in the yogurt (which should be at room temperature) and mix well, then heat for about 10 minutes until sauce is fully warmed. Shred chicken with a fork and garnish with fresh chives or parsley.
 6. Serve over Miracle Noodle Pasta or Shirataki Noodles for 0 additional Points!
 
NOTES: If the yogurt is curdling, you can try using Campbell’s 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup instead. Also, it will increase the Points Plus value by about 1 Point per serving. If you decide to use the yogurt, make sure it is at room temperature before adding it into the crock pot.

Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 3 hour(s) 30 minute(s)

Number of servings (yield): 4 
Serving size is 1/4 of the entire recipe (approx) 1 1/3 cups
Each serving = 6 Points +

PER SERVING: 245 calories; 4g fat; 8g carbohydrates; 45g protein; 0g fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment