The time has come . . .
Ok - I've said it. It's out there in writing. As of May 21, 2012, I am flimsy-paper-card-carrying-member of Weight Watchers! And you know what? So far, I LOVE IT! That may be the nerdy, techie girl in me speaking, but the electronic tracking got me. Sucked me in and is keeping me there. Is that all it took? Had I only known sooner. Will it last?
I hope so! Come with me and see!
UPDATE: March 17, 2013: 43 weeks, and I made my goal! Weight loss at goal, 61.6 pounds - 29.2%!
UPDATE: April 28, 2013: I'm a LIFETIME member now!
Weight loss to date: 73.2 pounds

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Atomic Buffalo Meatballs

Atomic Buffalo Meatballs

Thursday is our FitClub lunch at work. The theme this week is healthy proteins. I couldn't think of anything, but I knew if I asked my fellow WW buddies at our meeting this morning that they would have ideas for me. And I was right! I was torn between deviled eggs or Atomic Buffalo Meatballs. I decided on the meatballs since I figured they would be easier to transport. I have had deviled eggs slide around in my car before, and it wasn't pretty.

This idea was given to me by Summer, as well as a few variations from Kerry and Mel. Basically, the recipe is 2 bags of turkey meatballs from Trader Joe's and a large bottle of Frank's Hot Sauce. (You can also cut it with some spagetti sauce if you don't want it as hot. I imagine you could use BBQ Sauce and have a whole new recipe.)
Put meatballs in a crockpot, just cover with sauce, and cook on low until the hot sauce thickens and coats the meatballs. I'm hearing this can be anywhere from 4 hours to overnight. You can serve with celery, as they do with the buffalo chicken wings. I'll probably skip that, but we'll see.

Points Plus for these are: 1 serving (6 meatballs) = 6p+

No comments:

Post a Comment