The time has come . . .
Ok - I've said it. It's out there in writing. As of May 21, 2012, I am flimsy-paper-card-carrying-member of Weight Watchers! And you know what? So far, I LOVE IT! That may be the nerdy, techie girl in me speaking, but the electronic tracking got me. Sucked me in and is keeping me there. Is that all it took? Had I only known sooner. Will it last?
I hope so! Come with me and see!
UPDATE: March 17, 2013: 43 weeks, and I made my goal! Weight loss at goal, 61.6 pounds - 29.2%!
UPDATE: April 28, 2013: I'm a LIFETIME member now!
Weight loss to date: 73.2 pounds

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Got BS?


Brussells Sprouts, that is! I'm also a proud member of the "Brussells Sprout Fanatics" group in the Weight Watcher Community. Yes, there really is one. And it is led by my fabulous WW leader, Jacki. You can join too! Just click HERE.

My second meeting at Weight Watchers, Jacki asked how it was going, and I told her I was always hungry. She suggested roasted brussells sprouts. They are a very dense veggie and tend to be a satisfying eat, and keep you feeling full for a while. I love roasted veggies and luckily I love brussells sprouts. I left the meeting and went grocery shopping and picked up some fresh BS at the store. After trimming the core end a little, I put them all back in the plastic bag, sprayed them with Pam, shook to coat them, then dumped them on my baking sheet. I did sprinkle them with some Kosher salt, but others in the group use garlic salt or various other seasonings. Season them with whatever you like. I shoved them in the oven at 350 for probably 20-30 minutes - keep checking them until they seem done. The first time I did them I thought they were done but when I got around to eating them they were a little too hard. I nuked them for a minute and finished them off.

The bonus for the cook is the indivisual leaves that come off on the cookie sheet bake into crunchy "chips". YUMMY! Eat them right away - they soften up if stored.

These are a weekly staple for me now. I roast up a batch every Sunday and munch on them throughout the week, or while I'm feeding the cats and Gracie, and getting my own meal ready. I know I have something safe availble if I need something to much right away. I don't even heat them up, now that i think about it.

Brussells Sprouts pp+ = 0
Check your spray oil for the pp+ value for the amount you use

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment