(The original recipe for this was found on the NutmegNotebook, and tweaked by me.)
I honestly have been eating this salad at least 3 times a week for the last 8 weeks, and haven't gotten tired of it yet!
If you save this as a meal in eTools you only have to track one item.
Chinese Chicken Salad For One
- 3 ounces cooked, diced chicken breast - 3 p+
- 1/3 of a small bag of coleslaw mix (I make 3 at a time and just eyeball it) - 0 p+
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds - 0 p+
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions - 0 p+
- 2 Tablespoons toasted, slivered almonds - 2 p+
- 2 Tablespoons *Litehouse Mild Thai Peanut Dressing -1 p+
- 1/3 cup Dole Mandarin Oranges No Sugar Added - 0 p+
Points Plus: 6
- *I can only find this at Ralph's. It's about $4.29. The original version of this recipe called for Trader Joe's Spicy Peanut Dressing. My TJ's never had it, but once I found the Litehouse brand I stopped looking. The TJ's dressing is 2 p+/2T and Litehouse is 1 p+/2T.
- So far, I can only find the Dole No Sugar Added Mandarin Oranges at Stater Bros.
- Feel free to substitute red onion for the green onions. I think I usually use a lot more than the tablespoon called for.
- I have also added bean sprouts - 0 p+.
- Vary the amounts of everything to suit your taste! Most of the time now I don't even use the almonds, so I subtract those from the point total.