The time has come . . .
Ok - I've said it. It's out there in writing. As of May 21, 2012, I am flimsy-paper-card-carrying-member of Weight Watchers! And you know what? So far, I LOVE IT! That may be the nerdy, techie girl in me speaking, but the electronic tracking got me. Sucked me in and is keeping me there. Is that all it took? Had I only known sooner. Will it last?
I hope so! Come with me and see!
UPDATE: March 17, 2013: 43 weeks, and I made my goal! Weight loss at goal, 61.6 pounds - 29.2%!
UPDATE: April 28, 2013: I'm a LIFETIME member now!
Weight loss to date: 73.2 pounds

Sunday, July 21, 2013

BBQ Pulled Chicken


photo from my kitchen

Thank you Melissa (via Tracy) for this easy and delicious recipe! Melissa uploaded her photo to Instagram, and shared the recipe at our Weight Watchers meeting this morning.
I had everything to make it at home, so as soon as I got back to the house, that's exactly what I did. I used chicken tenders since that is what I had on hand, but Mel used chicken thighs. That goes to show you that any boneless, skinless chicken parts would probably work. Mel used 4 thighs, but to tell you the truth, I just tossed in the pack of chicken tenders, however many pieces that was. By the tine I realized I didn't know the exact amount I'd used, the package was out in the trash and I wasn't about to go fetch it. I didn't measure anything, and it came out just fine! Below is what she told me from what I can remember), but I think it is pretty forgiving if you're not exact.
Calculate your own points, based on the weight of your serving size, and the points plus in your particular BBQ sauce. It should come out to around 4-6 points/serving, depending.
 
You'll need:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken parts
  • 1/2 cup (or so) of BBQ sauce
  • 1/2 onion, sliced
  1. Slice onion and put it in the crock pot
  2. Lay chicken on top
  3. Cover with BBQ sauce
  4. Heat on low 3-4 hours until chicken is done.
  5. Remove chicken and shred using 2 forks, or your favorite way
  6. Return to crockpot and let sauce thicken. At this point, I actually just added a little more sauce, and packaged it up for the frig. To keep the PPV as low as possible, Melissa suggests thickening the remaining sauce with cornstarch. Remember to dissolve it in a little water before adding it to the remaining sauce in the crock pot. Stir until thickened, then add back in the shredded chicken.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment